1. All matches will be played under FIBA rules with the exceptions listed below
2. The decisions of the organizing committee are final in all matters and may change or alter any rule or regulation on the day to benefit the smooth running of the tournament.
- It is the team’s responsibility to warm up on the playing field 30 minutes before the official start of the matches. The starting times proposed in the published schedules are only indicative. Matches can start earlier, if the remaining time is enough.
2. Motivated by a team not starting a match on time without justification will result in a penalty and the match will be won by the opposing team, since it is called 30 minutes in advance, it is understood that there is enough free time for possible delays.
3. All matches must be completed within the assigned 50′ real time slot. The 4th period will end earlier if the maximum 50 minutes of real time stipulated for the entire game are consumed.
- Each game will consist of 4 quarters of 8 minutes. It will be played with a running clock, stopping the clock in dead time, free throws caused by the flag 4 fouls, circumstances that determine an excessive interruption of the game at the discretion of the main referee, in the last minute of the first three quarters and the last three minutes in the last quarter.
- There are 4 timeouts allowed per game, one every quarter
- The pre-match warm-up is 3 minutes and the half-time warm-up will be a maximum of 2 minutes.
- Anti-passivity: approximately at 14” of possession, there is a 10-second warning, (2 palms of the hand raised), 10” is counted and if this time is consumed, a 24-second violation is sanctioned
FINALS OF MATCHES.
- All matches must be completed within the 50′ interval of real time. It will only be extended in the case of possession with a tied game or overtime. In case of a tie: one last possession of the team in control of the ball is allowed until the end of their game. In the event of a foul, free throws or a new shot clock count will continue, whichever corresponds in each case, and so on until the end of the play. If there is a lack of attack, the game ends. After foul free throws in overtime, the game ends.
- A match cannot end in a time-out situation. 3 Cases:
2.1 If the 50 reales were exhausted; In this situation, 14” will be awarded (with a stopped clock) and the action will be taken as in point 1.
2.2. If the 50′ are not used up and there are less than 14” left, it resumes with 14”
23. If the 50’s are not exhausted and there are more than 14” left, continue with the remaining time, since it is greater than 14”
- At the end of overtime with a draw, 3 players on the court from each team will shoot a free throw each. The team that has scored the most baskets will be considered the winner. If the game is tied after each team has taken their free throws, the game will be decided on sudden death by the same players taking the free throws in the same order as in the opening round.
1. Players will be disqualified after 4 personal fouls in any match.
2. Teams will be on ‘penalty’ each quarter, once they reach 5 team fouls.
Pool Leagues .
The competition will be organized in Groups or in League, depending on the number of registered teams. In the case of the groups, the classification of each group will be used to determine the crossover matches for the final day. In the League, the final classification will be the one that determines the places in the tournament.
- Each team will play at least 3 matches in the Tournament, most of the matches being played on Friday and Saturday. On Sundays, qualifying and final matches and some qualifying or consolation matches will be played.
- The classification in the Groups and the subsequent entry into the competition to play the 1st place or qualifying matches are decided by the position in the group in the first place, the semifinal dispute will give the classification for the final and the Gold final dispute for the title, those not classified to play the semifinals in groups of 3 will play a single qualifying match against another group in the Bronze final category, in which the shared positions (5th or 6th) will be determined, the losers in the semifinals will obtain 3rd place in a shared way.
- In the categories with the League, the participating teams will play all against all in a round that will determine the final 5 positions in the competition.
- The teams will get 3 points for a win, 1 point for a loss and if there is a penalty they will get no points.
- If 2 teams in the League or Group are tied on points, the result of the match of those involved will resolve the tie. If 3 teams are tied on points in the league, a classification would be established that only takes into account the results between the teams involved. The positions are determined by the points scored first and if necessary the difference in points scored and received.
- The competition in the 6th MAMBASket 2022 is made up of 5 competitions
- Female and Male +40 with 6 teams, 2 groups of 3 with each team playing 2 matches, the 1st and 2nd classified of each group face each other in the semifinals respectively with the 2nd and 1st of the other group, the 3rd classified of each group face each other if in their third match of the tournament as a 5th place qualifier, the winners of the semifinals meet in the Championship Final and the losers are both ranked 3rd
- Female +50 and Male +45 with 8 teams, 2 groups of 4 with each team playing 3 games, the 1st classified of each group face each other in the Final for the championship, the two teams classified in each group 2nd, 3rd and 4th remain both classified in 3rd, 5th and 7th place
- Men’s +50 with 14 teams and 4 groups, 2 groups of 4 in which each team will play 3 matches, the 1st place in each group of 4 go to the semifinals and face those who qualify for the semifinals in the other two groups made up of 3 teams, in the 2 groups of 3, each team plays 2 games, the 1st and 2nd classified of each group face each other in the quarterfinals respectively with the 2nd and 1st of the other group, the 3rd classified of each group face each other in their third match of the tournament as a 9th place qualifying match. The winning teams of the quarterfinals of the groups of 3 go to the semifinals where they will meet the qualifiers of the groups of 4, the winners will get a pass to the final to play the championship. The losers in the semifinals will both be ranked 3rd, the 2nd rankers of the groups of 4 and the losers in the quarterfinals of the groups of 3 will be ranked 5th, the 3rd rankers of the groups of 4 will be ranked 9th together the winner of the match between the 3rd of the groups of 3, the loser of the match between the 3rd and those ranked 4th of the groups of 4 will obtain the 12th place
- Players are allowed to play “ONLY” for one team in each category in any match in the Tournament, a player who reaches the age will be able to play several different competitions within MAMBAsket5 as long as they register for all within their team before starting the match. tournament, in category M50 mixed participation is allowed.
- The age of each player will be valued at December 31, 2022
- Exceptions to age are allowed in the competition according to the ages described in point 7
- All players must prove their date of birth. The organization may require such accreditation at any time, throughout the championship. The detection of players under the allowed age will result in the elimination of the entire team. (Any team has the right to request proof of age of another team through the organizing committee on the day of the tournament).
- In the event that a team loses several players, and they cannot continue in the tournament, said team could request the organization to add an extra player to its squad. This can only be considered in exceptional circumstances, there are no indications of abuse and requires express acceptance from the opposing team.
- All MAMBAsket5 participants are expected to abide by the sporting spirit of the competition. Any unsportsmanlike action will be penalized. The MAMBAsket5 Organization will not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse towards the referees. Any type of abusive behavior will result in the automatic removal of the player and possible disqualification for future championships.
- Categories # MAMBAsket5
F40 born in 1983 or before and 2 players from 1988
F50 born in 1973 or earlier, 2 players from 1978
M40 born in 1983 or earlier and 2 players from 1988
M45 born in 1978 or earlier, 2 players from 1983
M50 born in 1973 or earlier, 2 players from 1978
This post is also available in: Spanish